About Imagiscience Science Competition
Unlike many other science competitions, Imagiscience Science Competition offers U.S. and international students in 4-12th grades the opportunity to express science through three unconventional media: literature, film production, and visual art. Too often, youth science competitions are limited to a small percentage of students – not every student has access or resources to conduct research! With aims to spark widespread interest in science and put imagination back into science, we are excited to launch First Annual International Imagiscience Science Competition!
All applications and literature, film production, visual art works should be submitted online by
11:59PM April 30, 2012
Please click below for the following information
General Participation Rules
How to Apply
Interest Form* Important – Fill out the form to be included in competition mailing list!
There are two divisions:
1. 4-8th grades (Literature, Film Production, Visual Arts)
2. 9-12th grades (Literature, Film Production, Visual Arts)
Total of 28 awards include:
One $1,000 Grand Prize
Six $100 1st Prizes, 2nd Prizes, 3rd Prizes, and Honorable Mentions
Most Imaginative Award
Most Innovative Award
Most Promising Award
Certificates of Recognition signed by our Board of Advisors, which includes the Director of Center of Neurobiology, a member of FDA Advisory Committee, the Vice President of a Medical Center, the Associate Dean of Medical School, and many more, will be given to winners.
And! Our International Imagiscience Science Competition is sponsored by Cogito, an online community and website produced by the Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth and nine other renowned organizations that serve gifted youth.
Winners will be featured on nationally- and internationally-recognized Cogito.org.
Topic of your choice. Because we believe in the importance of imagination in the field of science, we are leaving the topic completely up to you. What interests you? Technology? Stem cells? Global warming? Dinosaurs? Robots? We are completely open to new, different, innovative, and even controversial topics!
Any 4-12th grade student in United States or abroad enrolled in elementary, middle or high school is eligible to apply.
General Participation Rules ————————————————————–
- Judging will be primarily based on artistic vision, technical skill, and emergence of personal voice.
- The criteria below are standard suggestions. We encourage submission of new, innovative forms of expression.
- Use of copyrighted material is not acceptable.
- A student may only enter one division (4-8th or 9-12th); however, a student may submit entries in one or more of the three categories (literature, film production, and/or visual arts). One application must be submitted per each entry.
- All entries must be in English or translated in English before submission. Closed captions may be used.
Category Guidelines ———————————————————————-
Click the box below to download the complete category guidelines.
How to Apply —————————————————————-
1. First, fill out the Interest Form below to be included in Imagiscience Competition updates and reminders mailing list! If you do not see the Interest Form below, click here.
2. All entries must be submitted online through our application form. Entry submission is due 11:59PM on April 31, 2012. Each entry should have a title. Please review and follow the instructions written in Category Guidelines. In summary, literature work should be uploaded in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format. Film production work should be uploaded on YouTube (www.youtube.com) and the link to video should be submitted. Visual arts work should be uploaded as a high-quality photograph in .jpg, .jpeg, .png, or .gif format. Name your files according to the Guideline. When you’re ready to submit, click here to go to our application page.
3. A high-quality picture of you must be included in the application. Upon submission, your pictures will be automatically separated from your application. There will be no discrimination based on gender, ethnicity, or any other status. Its only purpose is to allow fast announcement and feature of winners on our website and other publications.
4. You should receive a confirmation e-mail upon submission within one week. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail, send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interest Form —————————————————————-
When you click “Submit,” you will be included in our Competition mailing list.
You can also sign up to be an Imagiscience member (membership is free for everyone, including students, parents, and professionals). As an Imagiscience member, you will be first to find out about our many opportunities, such as announcement about exclusive summits, conventions, give-a-ways, challenges, volunteer hours, and awards. Click here to be included.
Remember, application is due by April 31, 2012. Click here to go to our application page.